The Department of Political Studies offers a range of academic facilities.
- Virtually all classes and most other educational activities take place in the Department new and modern building, with smart classrooms and wireless web connection everywhere in the facility.
- Our methods of instruction combine traditional teaching and contact hours with innovative strategies of teaching support (seminars, conferences, workshops and training on the job).
- Our library offers a luminous environment with a large reading room and a collection of 40.000 monographs and edited volumes; 5.000 journal volumes and full text of 123 electronic journals and reviews; several databases.
- A wireless network is available inside the building.
- The building is wheelchair accessible.
- The Department InfoLab provides 35 PC workspaces and offers courses in computer skills.
- The Department Laboratory for Educational Innovation gives students the opportunity of developing their communication and relation skills and of experimenting new forms of teaching, as interactive teaching, multimedia technologies, group work, project work, case studies, role playing, simulations.
- The Department Laboratory for Historical Iconographic Research and Documentation has the goal of putting students and researchers in contact with modern icons, as photography, poster, illustrated postcard, documentary and fiction movies, television. It owns about 000 fiction movies, 1.200 documentary films, a specialized library with about 3.400 books, 14.000 postcards, 15.000 photographs, 22 CDs, 59 CD-ROMs, 19 recorded cassettes, 57 vinyl LPs.
- The Department Mutimedia Laboratory for Legal Comparison promotes the online journal Democracy and Security Review.
- We offer an extensive variety of student and teaching staff exchange programs with over fifty partner Universities and more than a hundred scholarships.
Students can also make use of all facilities that Roma Tre University has to offer. Roma Tre is a urban university and its main campuses are located in the Piramide/Ostiense area in the central/southern part of Rome; all locations are easily accessible by subway. Roma Tre has about 40.000 students, more than 940 professors, more than 700 employees (librarians, administration staff, technicians), 12 Departments organised in over 70 first and second cycle degree courses, about 20 PhD Courses, about 700 international agreements, about 500.000 volumes available in its libraries. Roma Tre was ranked among the top 100 universities under 50 years of age by the Times Higher Education Supplement.
- Roma Tre offers its students many services, including sports facilities, university teams in various sporting disciplines including football, sailing and ping-pong, a stadium, an orchestra and a choir.
- Roma Tre University’s Internet Access Point – Piazza Telematica – is the first university computer laboratory to be organised along the lines of a wireless public internet point, offering a wide range of services and applications in 198 workstations including hardware and software for users with disabilities.
- Roma Tre’s Palladium Theatre hosts qualified international theatrical seasons, a variety of plays and experimental performances.
- Roma Tre University issues the Certification of Italian as a Foreign Language, which is officially recognised by the Italian State through Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The University Language Centre Roma Tre organises many language courses, including intensive Italian for foreigners.